Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual ISP implementation on ASA - ISP1 Incoming ISP2 Outgoing Not working

Boon Keat Gan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am following the article on this link (https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/139051/dual-isp-implementation-asa) to implement the scenario 1.

The version I am using is Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.4(7)23.

We currently have 2 ISP link, ISP2 will be use for all the outgoing traffic and ISP1 will be use for incoming traffic for Web Hosting and SSLVPN that hosted on Interface Gi0/0 Internet.

There is a weird behaviour occur and have no clue on how to resolve this.

Scenario 1:-

Route all traffic (Outgoing) to ISP1 - Both outgoing and incoming services working as charm. No issues.

Scenario 2:-

Router Outgoing traffic to ISP2 - Outgoing traffic is working but incoming services failed. Is there anything I can troubleshoot? Appreaciate for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

teatrodelsogno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

PBR on ASA is not supported.. Could be use in tour scenario but you can't.

My suggestion is to deploy ASA in "multicontext" mode. In this way you can have "two virtualize" firewall for route traffic in which way you want.

Let me know,

regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

teatrodelsogno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

PBR on ASA is not supported.. Could be use in tour scenario but you can't.

My suggestion is to deploy ASA in "multicontext" mode. In this way you can have "two virtualize" firewall for route traffic in which way you want.

Let me know,

regards

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

How are you configuring routes?  

Is ISP1 or ISP2 configured as default route?

What  ASA hardware are you us ?

Thanks,

RS

they are indipendent ASA (virtual ASA). Then routing table are completely different (like VRF).

ONE IPS is associated to asa1virtual, the second one to asa2virtual.
Default gateway will be pointed to different ip address belonging to the different IPS in the different ASAvirtual.

For hardware you need at least one 5512x
License for multicontext

thanks and regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card