cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable cookies to login to ASA 5520

Dave Kozlowski
Level 1
Level 1

All of a sudden I am getting the message "enable cookies to enable login" for an ASA 5520.

Login was working fine yesterday. This started today.

I am trying a guest account and I get a privilege message error but when I try my admin accounts I get a login loop.

When I try to telnet in I get the same response a loop.

Any idea?

Thanks

Dave

4 Replies 4

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Would you be able to provide more details on the issue ?

ASA , ASDM , JAVA version ?

Related configuration from the ASA for the ASDM ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

ASDM 6.4  but it was working absolutely fine one day then the next day this message came up.

Cornelio M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I notice this happens also to the new firewall. It seems to be coming from the local computer. Disable the local firewall and add the IP address or URL of the firewall device in the trusted domains. That solved my issue with "cookies must be enabled to login".

- CMBM

jongalli
Level 1
Level 1

This is happening to new on Fedora 32 installations - ASDM 7.10.1.

- Cookies are enabled on the installed browsers (Firefox); 
- ASDM IP is also whitelisted on browser;
- SELinux was disabled during the tests

[~]$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.8" 2020-07-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.8+10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.8+10, mixed mode, sharing)

[~]$ javaws -version
itw-rust-debug: command "/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk/bin/java" "-splash://usr/share/icedtea-web/javaws_splash.png" "-Xbootclasspath/a://usr/share/icedtea-web/javaws.jar:/usr/share/java/rhino.jar:/usr/share/java/tagsoup.jar:/usr/share/java/IPAddress/ipaddress.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk/lib/ext/nashorn.jar:" "-classpath" "/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar:" "-Dicedtea-web.bin.name=javaws" "-Dicedtea-web.bin.location=/usr/libexec/icedtea-web/javaws" "net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.Boot" "-version"
Sat Sep 05 23:56:03 CEST 2020 [INFO ] net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.EnvironmentPrinter: OpenWebStartLauncher called with args: [-version].
Sat Sep 05 23:56:03 CEST 2020 [INFO ] net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.EnvironmentPrinter: OS: Linux
Sat Sep 05 23:56:03 CEST 2020 [INFO ] net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.EnvironmentPrinter: Java Runtime Red Hat, Inc-1.8.0_265
Sat Sep 05 23:56:03 CEST 2020 [DEBUG ] net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JNLPRuntime: using DEFAULT extension point
Core 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Sat Sep 05 23:56:03 CEST 2020 [DEBUG ] net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.Boot: Exiting Boot.mainWithReturnCode() with 0

How else does the javaws check if cookies are enabled? Can't seem to get this started.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card