cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when updating a FTD 1010 from the FMC

juannegretej
Level 1
Level 1
When performing a firmware update on FTD 1010 from the FMC it gave me an error, I am trying to find information on how to transfer the update file using WinSCP or FileZila and know in which root to place it and the command to start the update.
5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC takes care of transferring the update file to the FTD device. You download the file from software.cisco.com to your local PC and then upload it to FMC via the FMC web GUI.

(FMC 7.4 allows you to download directly from cisco.com so you don't need to download to your PC first.)

@Marvin Rhoads 

Thank you for your response, in this case it gives me this alert

juannegretej_0-1705598622312.png

I want to perform the update through CLI but I cannot find root information where to place the file and the command to perform the installation

ls /ngfw/var/sf/updates/

When upgrade from FMC fails, it is not a good idea to try it from cli - it could make things worse. Better to open a TAC case and get the first issue fixed before potentially making it worse.

Thank you very much for the support, just one last question

How can I download an update file from FMC to FTD by SCP, I have the files loaded from FMC.

I would like to download them directly into the FTD, I have this command but I can't find the directory where the FMC has them

scp://<User>:<Password>@<Server-IP>/<File-name> flash0://<File-Name>

scp://username@hostname/path/image_name

The file is not meant to be pushed via SCP from FMC to FTD. It is meant to be pushed via the sftunnel control and management connection (tcp/8305) as part of the FMC-managed upgrade.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card