cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory reset

gcook0001
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Firepower 1140 with FMCv.   I have been running these in my lab environment.  I want to move these to production but before I do I want start with a fresh config.  I have been trying to figure out how to do this.  I don't see a way to clear the configuration in FMC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you reset the configuration, the actual firewall and the device object within the FMC are no longer associated. So deploying the settings again would not push the configuration back to the device.

Delete the device in the FMC to remove the configuration. When you come to re-add the FTD to the FMC, just create a new device as normal.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

@gcook0001 Change the FTD from routed mode to transparent mode and then back to routed mode, with the command configure firewall transparent and configure firewall routed, this will reset the configuration without having to reimage.

Reference here

Will this also reset the configuration in FMC.  I read that but thought FMC would just push the configuration to the devices again.

No, you'd delete the device and associated configuration from the FMC as well.

Once you reset the configuration on the FTD, the connection between the FTD and the FMC is broken. You'd have to re-setup the connection (using the configure manager add command) in order for the FMC to push the configuration back to the FTD.

I really appreciate the feedback.  Thanks.  I am just trying to understand this.

So I can run configure firewall transparent and configure firewall routed.   

If I understand this correctly it will wipe the configuration from the firewalls but it doesn't wipe any settings in FMC.  So the next time I deploy the settings will be back on the devices.  How do I do reset of the config in FMCv.

When you reset the configuration, the actual firewall and the device object within the FMC are no longer associated. So deploying the settings again would not push the configuration back to the device.

Delete the device in the FMC to remove the configuration. When you come to re-add the FTD to the FMC, just create a new device as normal.

Thanks for everything.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card