FDM vs FMC feature support

janvanek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

We have two possibitity how to manage FTD

1) FDM - local management

2) FMC 

I'm surprised that I can't find a simple overview of limitations and unsupported functions that FDM has compared to FMC. 

I only know about several features unsupported (or limited) on FDM such as QoS, Clustering, external admin authentication/authorization, limited IPS setting...

Does anyone happen to have a magical comparison summary?

Thank you all in advance

Jan

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately Cisco does not publish a public document with this comparison. I always discourage FDM for anything other than home or lab use. FMC (customer-managed or cloud-delivered SaaS) will always server you better in a production deployment.

Hello Marvin, thx for your reply. I would never use FDM in production. However, I often encounter customer requests and simply look for arguments why they should purchase FMC.

BR

Jan

4Admin: You can close this ticket.

@janvanek if you are a partner, you can reference a non-public document in SalesConnect with a extensive feature comparison.

https://salesconnect.cisco.com/Security/s/technical-programs-for-cisco-secure-fire (Cisco partner or employee level access required)

janvanek
Level 1
Level 1

Exellent! the document "Secure Firewall Features Matrix" is exactly what I am looking for!

Thank you so much

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card