cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fire Power 7010.Integration with AD.

n.avramenko87
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning! After restore from Restore disk i have problems with configuration. (FP 6.1)
My main problem - integration with Active Directory. (I have windows 2019 AD and I read about Supported Servers for Realms - 2012).
1.So, where can see log on firepower device?
2.First I have to configure the agent on AD Server or do realm configuration on fire power? Is it important?

fp-1.PNGfp-2.PNG

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two loosely related concepts you are talking about.

1. Realm configuration is used to query a realm (AD or LDAP) for users and groups so that they are available to you for use in policies.

2. The AD Agent (being deprecated but will work with Firepower though version 6.5/6.6) is used to query your Domain Controller(s) for the mapping of username to IP address. Once it is working (which your screen shot shows it is not), it can be integrated into FMC as an Identity Source. It will allow FMC to show you the username associated with an event that would otherwise only know the IP address of the affected computer. It will also allow FMC to know the username in the event that you have an integrated realm with a policy that uses username or group membership as a policy element.

n.avramenko87
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for information!

1.So, i want to solve my problems and how  i understand - i need to find logs, bacause I do not understand why I ca not connect use realm configuration.

2. Can I use agent on non-active directory domain server?

Thanks a lot!!!

Troubleshooter:

3.PNG

A solved my first problem with agent. I need add localhost instead ip.

Second problem - Servers for Realms did not work (

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card