cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 1010 switchports stop responding after power outage

rbgnr111
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a permanent fix they have found for this? I've opened a ticket with Cisco on this issue, and was just told use my workaround, that this is a known issue and it would be resolved in the next release. That was in December. There has been a release, but it was not resolved. The only part that looks like it may have been fixed in the latest release is where the SSL certificate disappears after a power outage. I have 5 remote sites running version 7.2.6 now, we'd previously been running 7.2.5.

This only appears to happen on ports configured as switchports, I have trunking configured too, but every time there is a loss of power everything internally goes down because the switchport on the firepower 1010 stops responding. 

from the firewall, I can see arp, and that there are devices out there. I cannot ping anything, and the devices on the network are not able to see anything beyond their vlan segment. 

the workaround I've found works (though I shouldn't need to do this every time the firewall reboots):

1. reconfigure the switchport interfaces to routed

2. deploy the config

3. configure the interface back to switchport, and apply vlan configurations

4. deploy config

after doing that it works again, at least until the next power outage. 

2 Replies 2

I never came across this issue before, however, if TAC confirmed that this is a bug and would be fixed in the next release, probably I would downgrade back to 7.2.5 until that release is out and then upgrade again.

I'd opened the TAC incident when it was running 7.2.5, and just recently saw 7.2.6 come out. All of the issues with 7.2.5 and cisco saying to move to the next release was why we installed 7.2.6.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card