cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

firepower 2110 features

m.fera001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to compare a 2110 with bigger boxes like the 4100 series, or ASA-X.

Let's say that we run FTD on all of them, can I expect exactly the same features from 2110?

I'm asking because we had a quote and the 2110, even if it's more powerful on paper than the 5555-x costs much much cheaper. Is it Cisco trying to sell the new hardware or is it the 2110 that lacks some features?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The higher end 4100 series boxes (and the even bigger 9300) have a few hardware specific features to differentiate them.

Besides the obvious (more CPU cores and memory), the higher end series also have smart NICs for flow offload, dedicated crypto acceleration, more and faster network module options and dual power supplies across the entire line. (The latter two are available in the 2100 series on the 2130 and 2140 only.)

The 2100 series is generally faster and better than the mid-range 5500-x series (5545-X and 5555-x) in just about every way. One thing though is the cost of licensing. FTD feature licenses generally increase in cost with the throughput of the box. So be sure to take that into account when comparing the various alternatives.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The higher end 4100 series boxes (and the even bigger 9300) have a few hardware specific features to differentiate them.

Besides the obvious (more CPU cores and memory), the higher end series also have smart NICs for flow offload, dedicated crypto acceleration, more and faster network module options and dual power supplies across the entire line. (The latter two are available in the 2100 series on the 2130 and 2140 only.)

The 2100 series is generally faster and better than the mid-range 5500-x series (5545-X and 5555-x) in just about every way. One thing though is the cost of licensing. FTD feature licenses generally increase in cost with the throughput of the box. So be sure to take that into account when comparing the various alternatives.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card