Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 4115 Chassis Manager REST API - subinterface creation

pack41
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to create a lot of sub-interfaces on Chassis Manager and was wondering if anyone has done this using the REST API ?  I did look through the Cisco Firepower Chassis Manager REST API Reference guide on the DEVNET pages (although it said it was for the 9300 chassis) but I could not pick out anything obvious relating to subinterfaces.  Just a thought that maybe someone out here has done this or has information to say if it is possible or not.  Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Never tried that before.
However, if i understand/read the doc carefully it shouldn't be possible.
The doc says:
External ports are automatically created, and you canonly modify existing External-Port objects. You cannot create or delete them. The only possible changes you can make to existing objects are that you can modify the mtu and portType properties.

The way I understand it is you have to create them to be able to modify attributes like mtu and portType.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

Yeah you've done the right thing. I hope these kind of APIs will be available soon that will help a lot.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Never tried that before.
However, if i understand/read the doc carefully it shouldn't be possible.
The doc says:
External ports are automatically created, and you canonly modify existing External-Port objects. You cannot create or delete them. The only possible changes you can make to existing objects are that you can modify the mtu and portType properties.

The way I understand it is you have to create them to be able to modify attributes like mtu and portType.

Thanks
Francesco

Thanks Franscesco - I could not see anything in the docs that suggested it was possible but thought I'd ask just in case. Thanks for your response and second opinion.

Yeah you've done the right thing. I hope these kind of APIs will be available soon that will help a lot.

Thanks
Francesco
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card