Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePower 6.0.0.1-26

Hi forum.

I'm very excited with my new NGFW ASA5512X with SFR module 6.0.0.1-26. I've configured and running the FirePower Management Center 6.0.0.1-26 to manage and deploy the SFR module installed on ASA SSD.

I've already installed the URL Filtering and Control Licencies:

My question is: On Dashboards: Top Servers Systems and Top Operating Systems figure in blank, i mean, no data is showed..

Why is not showing information regarding SO Server Types and clients types?

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you created and deployed a network discovery policy?

That is required. You should also make sure you first setup the variables for HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET

View solution in original post

Rule of thumb the HOME_NET variable are the segments that you want or need to protect.  Besides the usual Private public IPs, you can add the your company public IPs.  The  EXTERNAL_NET is usually NOT your HOME_NET.  Anything outside the assets you need to protect.  The same applies for variables like SMTP_NET (Mail servers), DNS_NET (DNS Servers), and others.  The more specific you can be, the less taxing to your sensor resources, and better detecting on your signatures.

Happy Net

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you created and deployed a network discovery policy?

That is required. You should also make sure you first setup the variables for HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET

Hi Marvin, i'll try your tip and let you know.

Where i should set the Home_Net and External_Net Variables?

Thank you!

Please refer to Cisco Live presentation BRKSEC-2018 from last summer. Specifically slides 69-78 which discuss in more detail what I recommended.

https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=83675

Rule of thumb the HOME_NET variable are the segments that you want or need to protect.  Besides the usual Private public IPs, you can add the your company public IPs.  The  EXTERNAL_NET is usually NOT your HOME_NET.  Anything outside the assets you need to protect.  The same applies for variables like SMTP_NET (Mail servers), DNS_NET (DNS Servers), and others.  The more specific you can be, the less taxing to your sensor resources, and better detecting on your signatures.

Happy Net

Thank marvin, you have pointed me in the right direction.

You are the Man

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card