Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 9300 not allowing MAC to ARP

Greetings:

We are initially configuring a new (my first) Firepower 9300 in Standalone mode (not clustered) for testing with a standard Aviata/JDSU T-Berd 5800 test set and cannot get a successful test.  We have the test set configured properly (works just fine on Catalyst switches) and are connected to two 1G ports (1/3 and 1/4).  The test shows all good conditions (sending ARP request), but not getting "MAC Obtained".  Our config is basic/generic and all ports are set up the same (unused ports not displayed below for brevity).  When we test to any of the 2/x or 3/x ports, the test set never gets to the point of sending the ARP.  My guess is that this is some type of enable/access control issue on but I cannot find any documentation on that specific issue.  The 2/x and 3/x ports might be disabled, but I cannot find anything on enabling them, either, other than seeing the "enable" on the interface under scope eth-uplink / scope fabric a  portion of the show config results below.  We are using 1G SFPs but have auto-negotiate turned off on the 9300.  Not sure if that could be aproblem - turning auto-neg off/on on the test set appears to make no difference.

scope eth-uplink
scope fabric a

scope interface 1 3
enable
set admin-duplex fullduplex
set admin-speed 1gbps
set auto-negotiation no
set eth-link-profile default
set flow-control-policy default
set port-type data
set user-label ""
exit
scope interface 1 4
enable
set admin-duplex fullduplex
set admin-speed 1gbps
set auto-negotiation no
set eth-link-profile default
set flow-control-policy default
set port-type data
set user-label ""
exit

scope ssa
enter logical-device ASAv asa 1 standalone
enter external-port-link Ethernet13_asa Ethernet1/3 asa
set decorator ""
set description ""
set port-name Ethernet1/3
exit
enter external-port-link Ethernet14_asa Ethernet1/4 asa
set decorator ""
set description ""
set port-name Ethernet1/4
exit

Any all help, tips, or tricks greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

DC

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card