Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePOWER & FireSIGHT Licensing Question

Ji-Won Park
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently deployed 5508X w FirePOWER and FireSIGHT MC. I licensed the product in FireSIGHT MC as below:

My question is, because I don't have Control/Protection licenses enabled, I cannot license the added sensors or create any policies. "L-ASA5508-TAMC-PR=" is the license we purchased which should include IPS and Apps Updates plus URL Filtering and AMP.

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ji-Won Park
Level 1
Level 1

I actually got the answer from Cisco.

When you purchase L-ASA5508-TAMC-PR= license bundle, CONTROL AND PROTECTION licenses should come with it without any charge. I just got the new PAK for Control and Protection from licensing team.

View solution in original post

Good job on solving your own problem and thank you for taking the time to come back and post the solution here (+5 from me). 

Since your issue is resolved you should mark the thread as "answered" :)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ji-Won Park
Level 1
Level 1

I actually got the answer from Cisco.

When you purchase L-ASA5508-TAMC-PR= license bundle, CONTROL AND PROTECTION licenses should come with it without any charge. I just got the new PAK for Control and Protection from licensing team.

Good job on solving your own problem and thank you for taking the time to come back and post the solution here (+5 from me). 

Since your issue is resolved you should mark the thread as "answered" :)

Hey Neno, I've wanted to do that, but couldn't mark my reply as 'correct answer' so I've marked yours as a correct answer so the thread could be shown as resolved.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I get some free points here :) Thanks! We need a VIP to endorse you and then you will get your points too! :)

There ya go Neno and Jiwon. Endorsed because the answer is indeed correct.

Cheers.

Marvin to the rescue! Thank you! :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card