cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower/ Firesight Licensing

kilravock
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare, running 6.1.0 (build 330) and have added and licensed an HA pair of ASA5545X withe firepower services and a 5525X with firepower services (ASA 9.7(1) FPR 6.0.1.2-37) Working fine and Classic licenses installed.

Now want to add a FTD ASA 5525X to the FMC and these only use Smart licensing so it would appear that I need to register the FMC with the Smart Licensing Server (have a Smart account so that's Ok too).

Can anyone tell me whether this means I also need to convert my existing ASA 5545X & 5525X Classic licenses (Protection and Control & URL filtering) to Smart licenses too, and if so will this cause any outage or interruption to any of the services?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your existing Classic licenses can continue to be managed by your FirePOWER Management Center while it also manages the new FTD device's Smart licenses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your existing Classic licenses can continue to be managed by your FirePOWER Management Center while it also manages the new FTD device's Smart licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card