Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower FTD management interface

Sumanta Ghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

When I try to follow this URL, I cannot find any drop down for management interface for the FTD logical device. Is it in band or OOB? It is Step 10.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fxos/fxos211/web-config/b_GUI_ConfigGuide_FXOS_211/logical_devices.html

Do we have to assign physical interfaces for this management to work? The FP9300 chassis already has a management interface IP.

6 Replies 6

Sumanta Ghosh
Level 1
Level 1

FTD logical device never completes initialization.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The FTD logical device requires its own distinct management interface.

It is apart from / in addition to the chassis management interface.

Please try assigning that and redeploying the logical device. If you still have issues, a TAC case is probably the quickest path to resolution.

Hi Marvin

Thanks. Is the FMC software mandatory, during building new logical device? Do we need to complete the register process with FMC, during this set up? Image is FTD 6.2.

We can't run the FTD within the FP chassis manager only without installing the management center?

You must use your FTD logical device on FirePOWER appliance with an FMC.

You can build the logical device prior to having the FMC reachable but it will not be fully functional until you register it to a managing FMC and deploy policies to it from there.

The FirePOWER Chassis Manager only serves to run the physical chassis and deploy/allocate resources to logical devices.

Hi Marvin,

My apologies to put this unrelated question

How can i create FTD cli access with user account authenticated by AD or tacacs .i did try the platform setting tab but there is no option for external authentication in it

Is there any documentation available for the same.

kaushik8531  ,

I will answer in your other thread.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card