Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower High Memory Usage

chanccmtech
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I have a concern from my customer, claiming that the memory usage from CLI and meanwhile GUI shows that the memory is normal. And now my customer also claims that the software doesn't tally to the hardware.

Any way in particular that I can convince him otherwise? I have advised customer that their appliance is running as expected and memory usage is normal and as well as GUI is a software and CLI is kernel task.

Any comment are appreciated!

Many Thanks.

2 Replies 2

noc2
Level 1
Level 1

My guess its on some ASA box, try to limit what goes to firepower by ACL and test rules on firepower. From my testing unfortunately ASA is not able to process traffic and send it to firepower module. Try to upgrade to latest release also. The more rules you have on firepower and more licenses is applied the crappier work this module does and its start to dying as shortage of memory, mine were doing fail over every week... really bad design for bigger environments I have 5525x. Have fun or change IPS vendor.

@noc2@iii.com

Unfortunately this isn't regarding to ASA. And it isn't anything related to rules or licenses on firepower. 

That said, I don't think I came on here to Cisco support forums to relate anything to suggestion of changing IPS vendor.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card