Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower LIC help

hi all.

bought 5506x firewall for home lab to learn how to get most out of this kit. i am at the moment initial stage how to use this firewall. everything is setup but i have not activicate the lic yet. as my understanding is i shall get a trail lic for 45 days. however, what if i do not want to use my lic as i want my foundation to build first on firepower. can 5506x firepower give me any free feature without getting the trail lic. i do not want to rush and waste my days. kinldy please suggest.

other question as i bought this online not from a cisco partner. how i can apply for the lic say for year. any idea how much will it cost?

please do not forget to rate.
1 Reply 1

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

You could install the unified image (FTD) and register it to your FMC for a free license for 90 days (TAMC license). 

To obtain a subscription license you will have to reach out to a cisco reseller. Price would be about 400$ depending on the current list price and partner level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card