cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Logging

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I am only getting 3 days of logging within FMC. I have adjusted the time frame etc  and I can only go back 3 days worth of events. Any ideas here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergio Ceron Ramirez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Keith, 

You are probably logging every possible rule in your ACP and it is exhausting the Database limits in the FMC for this purpose. If you are looking to have all the rules logging every connection, you can alternatively use an external syslog to get all this info too. However, depending on the FMC model you work with, you can expand the Event Database limits as described in FMC Config Guide - Database Limits 

Please review this info and let me know if you have any additional doubts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergio Ceron Ramirez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Keith, 

You are probably logging every possible rule in your ACP and it is exhausting the Database limits in the FMC for this purpose. If you are looking to have all the rules logging every connection, you can alternatively use an external syslog to get all this info too. However, depending on the FMC model you work with, you can expand the Event Database limits as described in FMC Config Guide - Database Limits 

Please review this info and let me know if you have any additional doubts.

Hi,

The limit is subject to number of lines versus the type of your FMC. See
this post

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/fmc-limit-of-events/td-p/2917630

**** please remember to rate useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card