Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

FirePower Remote Storage Management

-Sparrow-
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

I've bee trying for a while to get my FMC to talk to remote storage so I can place my backups and reports there. For some reason my FMC refuses to talk to any remote storage device I have.  NFS, SMB (haven't tried SSH), neither work. I keep getting an error:FMC_Remote_Storage_Err.PNG

All passwords and usernames that I've tried are getting the error... Am I missing some kind of formatting here?  I use domain\username format or username@domain format. I've also just used the username.

Can someone please shed some light on me here?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

I just tested it in my lab and it is working fine. FMC 6.5 to Windows Server 2016 with SMB sharing.

Here are the respective settings I have made:

FMC Remote Storage settingFMC Remote Storage settingServer 2016 SMB shareServer 2016 SMB share

Hi Marvin,

I thought maybe it had to do with the SMB version so I turned on SMB v1 but that still won't connect.  I used the exact same formatting as yours and I get this:

Cant Mount.PNG

I have the verified the share permissions and the user has R/W on it.

What else can I be missing here? 

Thank you.

The error message is quite ambiguous. Perhaps a packet capture on the target SMB hosting server would be informative. 

Hi Marvin,

Wireshark shows the SMB Negotiate Protocol Request being sent from the FMC but the destination host sends a RST flag resetting the connection.

Capture.PNG

I have no clue what could be causing this.