Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower SSH Access not working

I have an FMC and i am able to access the FMC GUI, but unfortunately for the same user(internal & External) for which i can access that GUI i can't login via SSH, because it says 'Access denied' eventhough i am entering the correct password.

Can anyone please help.

5 Replies 5

sfor2018
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had a similar issues after FMC upgrade and managed to fix it hence sharing for benefit of anyone having same problem.

I did a bit of investigation and noticed "shell authentication" was disabled  under USER -> EXTERNAL AUTHENTICATION.

I enabled the "SHELL AUTHENTICATION" and was able to ssh.

Stan

I'm using 6.6 and having this issue all of a sudden.  I don't have any ACLs applied to the mgmt interface either.  I have GUI access but not cli.  It's not as simple as "enabling."  The "disable" drop down does not have an "enable" option.  I added the admin to the "user" field.  That didn't resolve it either.  The next nerd-knob for that section of the gui is to add a network object.  That seems like an odd thing to have to do since ssh is SUPPOSED to be enabled on the mgmnt interface by default.

any additional help will be greatly appreciated.

thx,

Tammy

@Tammy L. Burley are you asking about FMC or FTD?

Can you provide a screen shot of the section(s) you are referring to?

MaximeMertens
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Marvin,

Digging an old thread.
Same issue with me, on a FMC 1600.
Admin is locally configured, GUI access working.

FMC.PNG

Kind regads,
Max

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: