Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower user agent not retrieving information

I installed user agent in the Ad server everything seems fine , the localhost connection to AD , and the connection with the defense center , i changed the network discovery to look for users too , but the defense center cant see any info of logon or logoff on the domain , i used admin user for the connection between user agent and the AD.

5 Replies 5

nathan.ollis
Level 1
Level 1

More than a few of us have the same issue...if you can let us know if you got it resolved or not.

Thanks!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12413391/user-agent-dc-53-agent-22

We have had the issue where the user agent quits working for a few hours then starts again. We have scheduled them to restart hourly in Windows and the problems have gone way down if they are not eliminated.

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

It can be the issues with the Useragent connectivity issues. If there is a proper connectivity between the User Agent , FMC and AD it will poll the user logon logoff events and also creates the user -IP mappings in the Firepower and FMC. Due to some reason if the user agent cannot poll the info, you will face the same situation . Please open a case with Cisco TAC so that they will verify if the connectivity part is proper or not.

Rate if this answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

We have had open cases with TAC, had this escalated to engineering and tried various configuration changes. We have 10 Firewalls with Sourcefire modules. I had a lot of complaints at 4 of them. Now that the agent service is restarting every hour we are not getting complaints.

My duty is to my users so I have no intention of disabling the restart to bring in a trouble so Cisco can look at it. When I hear about a agent update we will look at updating.

Hello KeithRussell

Can you please provide more details on how you did configure the agent to restart every hour.

Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card