Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall predefine TCP/UDP ports on version 8.4 missing

jlucero2424
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

when i upgrade ASA 5510 from 8.2 to 8.4 predefined TCP/UDP ports are missing can you advise where can we get it.

4 Replies 4

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not really sure what you mean.

What exactly is missing on the ASA? Can you give us an example.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for the reply, usually from adsm when we are configuring rules and adding the service ports there are predefined service ports. when i updgrade to 8.4 and asdm 7.1 the predefined service port. gone is there any way we can bring it back or is it there just hiding.

Hi,

I don't personally use the ASDM at all for ACL and NAT configuration. I do them through the CLI always.

I am wondering if you mean that when you choose to add an ACL rule to an existing ACL for example that you can't get the service list which list some common ports used by different services?

I atleast have ASDM 7.1 on my own ASA and I can get those options just fine.

Could you give an example screencapture of the ASDM GUI of the problem you are facing so I can try the same on my own firewall. As I don't really use ASDM otherwise I can't otherwise know what you are specifically having problems with.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

I cannot get the screenshot as i upgraded it 8.4. what i mean about service port for examp port 80, on 8.2 asdm they have predefined default service ports"HTTP", DNS, FTP, SSH, Netbios and so on, this all disappear from the service ports on 8.4 asdm 7.1

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card