cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC 3500 failing to download users and groups

david.campeau
Level 1
Level 1

I've created a new realm in the FMC 6.2.2.1 and input all of the required information. In the user download section, I'm able to see all of the Available Groups in our domain. However, the automated downloads are failing every day -- "unable to download user/groups Unable to get group users. Error: General application errors."   

Any idea what could be causing this issue?   I did find a cisco bug, but the error is different so I don't know if it is related or not. 

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvg21478

Thoughts?

4 Replies 4

pascobcc
Level 1
Level 1

We also are having this problem, same error message. When doing wireshark, it appears to be working as data is transferred but then errors out. Still can't identify the issue.

I think I may have this working now... at least in a test setting with a small group.  I totally blew away the Realm and rebuilt it from scratch, and instead of choosing LDAP, which is what I want, I chose the other one? Something like AD join? Anyhow, I filled out all of the info and saved.  So far for the past 2 days it has been downloading our small test group.

Capture.JPG

If this is supposed to go into production, I'm really not very confident about it being rock solid and worry it will fail when we least expect it.  Time will tell I suppose. 

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

I would recommend downloading all the groups you require to go into production to make sure your download will work fine.

Great Suggestion --   Will do

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card