Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC 6.2 Management IP address change

mohamed_makled
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have FMC virtual machine configured with IP address in a vlan that has no access to the internet.

If we change FMC ip address temporarily to another subnet that has internet connectivity then getting the smart license from Cisco, then reconfigure the FMC with the old management IP address, does it effect on the FMC operation or not ?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be able to do it temporarily. Any registered devices will queue up their reporting events until the FMC returns to its registered address.

I suppose you know that a Smart licensed device (including all of the devices registered to your FMC) needs to be able to reach the Smart licensing portal periodically to revalidate the licenses. The better solution would be to deploy a Smart Licensing satellite server. 

I am in similar boat, but i need to change the FMC IP address permanently.  I have a cluster of FTD 9300, what is the best way of changing ip address on my FMC without having any downtime. I want to make sure, when i remove and readd the FMC on my FTD with new ip address, the configuration stays the same.

ThoughtS?

CCIE 18676

Hi Marcin,

If you change FMC ip, you will get an error in FMC that FTD is not sending heartbeats, but after 15-30 mins the device will start sending heartbeats to FMC with new IP. If you check show managers in cli, you can see only the old ip of FMC. This will not erase any configuration in your FTD.

HTH

Abheesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: