Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC ESXi -> Azure (hyperV) Migration

jbates5873
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking for information relating to migrating an instance of FMC (Specifically V7.0.0) from an ESX environment into an Azure FMC.

We had a TAC case opened about 1.5 years ago relating to this, and it was mentioned that it is not supported.

The customer has an extensive deployment with many S2S tunnels etc.. and if we have to rebuild it from the ground up, the likely hood for missing some part of the configuration is high. So we are hoping to perform a backup / restore. But based on the response in the TAC case, this was not supported. Im wanting to know if this is still the case?

We are currently unable to update their FMC from V7.0.0 due to the potential risk of it breaking on the hardware its currently deployed on. so looking to the cleanest path forward.

If there are resources available for this, links would be fantastic. I have gone 15 pages deep on the community with no answers. So am asking directly.

Thanks. Jason

1 Reply 1

jbates5873
Level 1
Level 1

hmm.. after reading this, i see that its not possible to even migrate on-prem to cloud virtual.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fmc_model_migration/b_FMC_Model_Migration_Guide/about_fmc_model_migration.html#id_111597

Is there a recommended process for doing this? or will it require a ground up re-build?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card