cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC (FirePOWER Management Center) OVF deployment issue - hardware version 7?

bbiandov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've deployed FMC 6.2 using the official OVF template for ESXi (the issue I'm raining exists in the VI tempalte as well). Just to be clear the OVF used was Cisco_Firepower_Management_Center_Virtual_VMware-ESXi-6.2.0-362.ovf

One can clearly see inside the template that the virtual hardware (or as VMW calls it Virtual Machine Version) is set to 7:

ovf-firepower-management-center.png
However in version 7 the latest guest OS type is "Other 2.6.x Linux 64" and the FMC is running 3.x which is only available in version 8 so then ESXi 6.0 is generating the following error:

fp2.png

I opened a case with TAC and they are happy to "redo the deployment" but wait that's not going to fix anything since the template is defective so to speak.

Has anyone run across this and is the ESXi warning truly inmplacting performance or it's one of those cosmetic things?

To deploy FMC as a true version 8 and from there as "3.x or later Linux 64" guest OS type we're talking manually modifying things. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see the same error on my FMC 6.2.2 running on ESXi 6.0 update 3.

As far as I've seen it's cosmetic. There may be some subtle VMware things I'm missing but it doesn't seem to impact any FMC functionality.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see the same error on my FMC 6.2.2 running on ESXi 6.0 update 3.

As far as I've seen it's cosmetic. There may be some subtle VMware things I'm missing but it doesn't seem to impact any FMC functionality.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card