cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC NAT problem

shotalezhava
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have website which  use my local server  services and nat works but this services do not work on local i can not connect to my local outside interface from inside is it nat problem or anything else?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the Server in same IP address of Local network ? how is external party Access using IP or DNS ?

Do you DNS Entry with Local IP address for local user to access

example : external bb.com x.x.x.x - natter to 10.10.10.1 IP address

same DNS entry required local DNS bb.com 10.10.10.1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Yes, as already mentioned previously you can use different DNS entry.

From the outside - server.domain.name = 1.1.1.1 and from the inside network - server.domain.name = 192.168.1.2

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the Server in same IP address of Local network ? how is external party Access using IP or DNS ?

Do you DNS Entry with Local IP address for local user to access

example : external bb.com x.x.x.x - natter to 10.10.10.1 IP address

same DNS entry required local DNS bb.com 10.10.10.1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

my website is not in local but use local services example : my global IP 1.1.1.1 local server 192.168.1.2 i have Nat 1.1.1.1:80  to 192.168.1.2:80 and from outside it works website can tack information from my server  but from local : 192.168.1.4 i try to connect 1.1.1.1:80 and it is not working.

@shotalezhava 

I would expect it to be a nat problem. Can you not connect directly to 192.168.1.2:80 instead of the public IP address?

From local if connect to 192.168.1.2:80 it is working but it is like stream and website gets stream from my local server so i can not change IP address on my website if i will change it it will not work from outside, if i will give domain to this server and configure local dns that this domain is on 192.168.1.2 it will work?

Yes, as already mentioned previously you can use different DNS entry.

From the outside - server.domain.name = 1.1.1.1 and from the inside network - server.domain.name = 192.168.1.2

Aren't there any other solutions?

@shotalezhava 

You could use NAT reflection, here is an example for ASA - I imagine it's the same logic when configuring using FTD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card