Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC not registering the FTD

Ramesh.Ramani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to deploy a Firesight Manager and Firepower threat Defense device in Amazon (AWS). I am currently unable to get my Firepower Manager (Firesight) to register the FTD that i've created.

Things i've done:

1. FTD is able to communicate with FMC (i ran a ping between the two)

2. There's no other firewall in between the two - no security groups either

3. Added the manager in the FTD with the Key

4. Added the FTD in the FMC with the same key and created a base policy with just "Network Discovery"

5. The FTD registers with the FMC (it stats that it's complete)

6. Firepower Manager runs a few tests and then sees the Firepower device as well. But in the last stage un-registers the FTD with the following error: 

{

Unregistration. Unregistration completed. 10.248.82.13 - Unable to get status message

10.248.82.13 - Discovery failed due to internal error. If problem persists, contact Cisco TAC.
Register

Unregistration. Unregistration completed. 10.248.82.13 - Unable to get status message
Discovery
5m 16s
10.248.82.13 - Discovery failed due to internal error. If problem persists, contact Cisco TAC.
}
Can someone help me with this please?
Thanks.
3 Replies 3

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

I just experienced the same issue when trying to add a FTD device to the FMC. I then changed the default action from Discover to IPS in the access policy and then it worked to add the FTD device. This was the first time I saw this behaviour.

I had same problem and it worked for me too.

mateens
Level 1
Level 1

Have same issue but changing the policy is not helping. FMC VMware on prem and FTDv in Azure. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card