Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC REST API any-ipv6 object type incorrect

Not sure if Cisco is monitoring this board, but I'm tired of opening a TAC for each bug I find in the APIs.

On FMC 6.6.0 the any-ipv6 object has an incorrect type of 'Host' instead of 'Network' and is therefore returned by the GET hosts instead of the GET networks API endpoint.

This is how the object looks like:

{
      "links": {
        "self": "https://fqdn/api/fmc_config/v1/domain/e276abec-e0f2-11e3-8169-6d9ed49b625f/object/hosts/dde11d62-288b-4b4c-92e0-1dad0496f14b",
        "parent": "https://fqdn/api/fmc_config/v1/domain/e276abec-e0f2-11e3-8169-6d9ed49b625f/object/networkaddresses"
      },
      "type": "Host",
      "value": "::/0",
      "overridable": false,
      "description": " ",
      "name": "any-ipv6",
      "id": "dde11d62-288b-4b4c-92e0-1dad0496f14b",
      "metadata": {
        "readOnly": {
          "state": true,
          "reason": "SYSTEM"
        },
        "timestamp": 1471629904436,
        "lastUser": {
          "name": "admin"
        },
        "domain": {
          "name": "Global",
          "id": "e276abec-e0f2-11e3-8169-6d9ed49b625f",
          "type": "Domain"
        },
        "ipType": "V_6",
        "parentType": "NetworkAddress"
      }
4 Replies 4

Manoj Papisetty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Alexander Hartmaier 

I can help you here! I can confirm that I am seeing the issue in the latest build of the software. Kindly note that this is not a REST API bug. I can see that the object itself is configured as host object on the GUI (Navigate to Objects > Object Management > Network). The API just pulls this same info.

I will file a defect for the default object config instead of filing it as a REST API defect.

HTH

Manoj

Hi @Manoj Papisetty,

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I saw the wrong type in the GUI else I would have searched much longer to find it via the API.

Was a bug id already assigned I can subscribe to?

Thanks Manoj!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: