cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forgot to set FMC registration key during initial setup.

Heino Human
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys, 

I have just installed my first FTD 9300 and during installation, i forgot to set the FMC registration key and IP. I have looked everywhere to see how I can go back to the initial setup wizard, but been unable. I have reset the device via management, though it only brings me back to setting up management IP and not the registration of the FTD to the FMC. 

How can i add the FMC registration to the FTD that is already online? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! 

Thank you

H

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Can you run the show managers command?
If you don't see your FMC on the given output, then type config manager add FMC-IP KEY-REGISTRATION

If you see the fmc in the output of show managers and you mistyped the key, let me know because you can get the hashed value key from fmc and put it in the conf file on FTD. Otherwise the way to go would also be to do configure manager delete and then config manager add (more safe)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Can you run the show managers command?
If you don't see your FMC on the given output, then type config manager add FMC-IP KEY-REGISTRATION

If you see the fmc in the output of show managers and you mistyped the key, let me know because you can get the hashed value key from fmc and put it in the conf file on FTD. Otherwise the way to go would also be to do configure manager delete and then config manager add (more safe)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

For anyone else having this issue, the solution is via FXOS GUI, you can change and update your reg key there by editing your logical device. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card