Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR 1010 Unable to access disk0:

Good morning all,

have recently experienced an issue where ASDM would not connect to either firewall in a customer cluster. On doing research initially it seemed to be possibly a JAVA issue, however after downgrading my JAVA to a known good version it still would not connect.

I then had the thought maybe the http server is not working, I was getting a 404 on the admin/public/index.html but I then ruled this out as I got the expected output from gadmin/exec/show%20ver.

I then looked at the firewall software versions:

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.16(3)23
SSP Operating System Version 2.10(1.214)
Device Manager Version 7.18(1)152

And ran sh asdm image and got the expected device manager image file, disk0:/asdm.bin
I also tried a sh disk0: and sh flash and got the following output, which was very concerning:

--#--  --length--  -----date/time------  path
%Error opening disk0:/ (No such file or directory)

In the end we reloaded the sec/standby failed over and reloaded the pri which then sorted the flash/disk access and the ASDM connectivity issue. Just wanted to ask has anyone come across this before? Is this likely to happen again? Is there any further remediation to prevent this happening again?

3 Replies 3

Thank you kindly Sir I will follow the steps in the article.

If the issue should happen again, try issuing the command fsck disk0:

Also, you are running an older version of ASA, I suggest upgrading to the latest star version which is 9.18.3 as of this post.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card