cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR1010 task list error

Henning-Kihle
Level 1
Level 1

We have several FPR1010 with Firepower Threat defense that is no longer possible to upgrade, due to that tasks are "Stuck" in the list.

It is related to version 7.1.0.1-28 and 7.1.0-90

We have tried to solve this with some expert commands about the built in SQL services, but not successful.

Attached is two pictures, we really need help!fpr1010-1.jpgfpr1010-2.jpg

6 Replies 6

Hi @Henning-Kihle if you cancel the scheduled task, does that clear these tasks?

Is there a problem with the FTD accessing the cloud to download these updates?

Hi Rob.

We have stopped all scheduled tasks several times, no effect on the list, it seems like "Stuck".

Hi @Henning-Kihle possibly this bug - https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz21386  but you'll need TAC assistance.

Hi Rob.

Well I guess this is the correct issue, so TAC maybe would be the next step.

Thank you, Rob!

Hi All,

the procedere to fixup the issue:

1. SSH into the device
  2. Expert (break into linux side)
  3. Sudo su (escalate to root)
  4. cd /ngfw/var/lib/db (Go to neo4j directory.)
  5. pmtool disablebyid tomcat (disable one of the web servers responsible for GUI)
    1. We can verify with pmtool status | grep -I tomcat
  6. cp -r ngfw.db /ngfw/var/common/ngfw-backup.db ( Backup ngfw.db)
  7. /ngfw/var/jre/bin/java -cp "/ngfw/var/cisco/ngfwWebUi/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/*" org.neo4j.shell.StartClient -path ngfw.db (Open neo4j shell:)
  8. match (n) where n.status="IN_PROGRESS" return n; This will show all running/in-progress tasks
  9. match (n:JobHistorySecurityIntelligenceFeedDownload) where n.status="IN_PROGRESS" set n.status="FAILED" return n; ( Once you find your task in question, manually set it to fail (in our case it is about SI)
  10. Ctrl + c to exit neo4j shell.
  11. chown -R www:www ngfw.db/ ( Reset file permission)
  12. pmtool enablebyid Tomcat (Re-enable tomcat, may take a few minutes for GUI to come back up)
    1. pmtool status | grep -I tomcat

Hi Filippo.

We got this solution from TAC, and it worked, thx. for your reply

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card