cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

From Fortinet to Cisco

chandavarkar
Level 1
Level 1

I have completed wiring and configuring 2 ASA 5510's but we're currently using Fortinet. We are going to migrate over to these Cisco ASA's. I have asdm working too. When we download the anyconnect client, we cannot connect properly. Is this a vpn client issue beccause of Fortinet? What are the steps for this to work correctly? 

5 Replies 5

Andre Neethling
Level 4
Level 4

Are you trying to connect using anyconnect to the ASA's? If so, check your license. Did you set up an SSL cliecnt VPN or IPSEC VPN?

Licenses are good.

What would be the recommended steps and in what order to perform the client download?

Are there any conflicts with having both Fortinet and Cisco client apps installed?

Did you set up a ssl vpn or an ipsec vpn on the asa? Did you successfully download the anyconnect client? What issues are you experiencing while trying to connect?

I don't think there should be an issue. Just be careful with corrupting your DNE registry keys.

I spoke with Fortinet as to why there was a vpn client issue and they advised that we cannot have both clients on the same box at the same time. We will use the forticlient removal tool and then retry the anyconnect download.

Be careful with DNE. Backup your Registry keys. Is the fortinet vpn an ipsec vpn?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card