cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD ACP Policy Inheritance

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I have an ACP base policy from which my FTD devices inherit from See attached Pic)  Is there a better way I can do this as I can't re-order the rules in the ACP policies that are inheriting these rules from the base policy. So Site A, B, C & D ACP all show the base policy rules as order number 1 & 2 but with preferred order of rules the URL category block should be further down within ACP at my sites so that my IP based rules are at the top. 

2 Replies 2

Alan Inman
Level 1
Level 1

@keithcclark71 this isn't a great answer, but I don't believe so. I'm looking at ours now, and we have 21 rules that are mandatory for all of our FTDs. This is called our "Parent Policy," and all of our other policies are nested under it. No matter what child policy I open the first 21 rules are mandatory, and I cannot rearrange them. 

Can I ask you what you do for your Mandatory rules typically? I setup a base policy for geo block for number 1 then URL block for main categories for rule 2 that is pretty much all I have but it bugs me having the URL block at the top of my ACP as best practice from what my understanding is to put your layer 3 IP to IP rules at the top of the ACP. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card