Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD - BGP Neighbor on LoopBack

Shervin SoAb
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all ,

How can I create a LoopBack on my FTD . I dont want my BGP Neighbor to be related to my physical FTD´s interface. I have two links and I´d like my BGP neighbor to be assigned on my Loopback interface.

As i know FTD does not have LoopBack.
Is there any althernative of loopback and Physical FTDs interface?

I highly appreciate your kind guidance.

7 Replies 7

FTD not support Loopback interface.

what is the solution in this case?

Shervin SoAb
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks in advance.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is currently no alternative to using the FTD interface address as a BGP neighbor (assuming a non-VTI neighbor). The interface can be physical or logical (e.g., portchannel interface or a subinterface). There is no loopback interface on FTD devices (and I have not heard of any plans to introduce one).

We can form neighbor relationships with Virtual Tunnel Interfaces (VTIs), but only over a route-based site-to-site VPN

In my case, I don't want my neighbors to be related to physical or logical (e.g., portchannel interface or a subinterface) because if the interface goes down and up , it takes long time to be neighbor again and get its database.

Does Cisco have any solution for this case?

Config BGP with BFD this make ASA not wait peer hold time of BGP but it use BFD to detect the peer failure.

this why when one ISP down the BGP immediately failure over to other ISP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card