cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Standalone config to FTD FMC

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys I have a production FTD that is FDM managed. I have added a new FTD into FMC for which now I want to grab the config off the FDM managed FTD and apply to the FMC managed FTD. What is the best way to go bout this? I could not find through the FDM GUI to grab the config so I copied SSH terminal output of Show Run and saved to txt file.

I tried copy tftp run from the new FTD but it seems like the TFTP command no longer works. I verified netstat see's UDP 69 open and I was able to transfer from a brocade later 3 switch to my TFTP so I know TFTP communication port is open and available. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@keithcclark71 unfortunately there is no migration path to take the configuration (ACP, objects etc) from FDM to an FMC managed device.

If using 7.1 or greater - "When you perform initial setup using FDM, all interface configuration completed in FDM is retained when you switch to FMC for management, in addition to the Management and FMC access settings. Note that other default configuration settings, such as the access control policy or security zones, are not retained."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/710/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-710/features.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

@keithcclark71 unfortunately there is no migration path to take the configuration (ACP, objects etc) from FDM to an FMC managed device.

If using 7.1 or greater - "When you perform initial setup using FDM, all interface configuration completed in FDM is retained when you switch to FMC for management, in addition to the Management and FMC access settings. Note that other default configuration settings, such as the access control policy or security zones, are not retained."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/710/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-710/features.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card