Views
Helpful
Replies

FTDv deployment in ESXi - crash and keeps reloading

MuathA.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Cisco FTDv 7.2.4 on a private cloud that is based on VMware ESXi. I have uploaded the FTDv .ovf and .vmdk files and started running the VM. However, at the end of the booting and initialization process, it displays a message that "a nested crash has been detected..." and it automatically reloads, repeating the same issue.

Please see the video for more details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd29mOy2W2o&t=450s

Here are some additional details:

1. The resource allocation for this VM is: 4vCPU, 8GB RAM, 48.5GB storage.
  2. I also tried configuring the VM with 8vCPU, 16GB RAM, and 48.5GB storage, but the issue persisted.
  3. I have tried different versions, including 7.2.4, 7.2.8, and 6.7.0, but none of them worked - the same crash and reload issue occurred.
  4. Interestingly, when I installed the same versions on my VMware Workstation, the deployment was successful, and I did not encounter any crashes or reloads.

Can you please help me troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Did you check if the particular ftdv version used is compatible with the ESXI version ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Unfortunately, I don't know what version of ESXi is being used, as this is a private cloud. To check if the ESXi is compatible, I deployed the FMCv 7.2.4 (Management Center) and it worked perfectly fine.

So, I'm not sure why the FTDv is the only one not working

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-firewall/compatibility/threat-defense-compatibility.html
    Check Table 10 , as far as finding out you my ask the it-responsible maintaining the esxi cloud version for these info's

For the rest when (trying) to boot monitor the allocated memory and cpu online with the hypervisor from esxi  , to see
    if there are no bumbs when allocating resources.

+ Post full console output of the crash if possible , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card