cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTDv100 inside and outside interfaces SUDDENLY not passing traffic!!!

voidray87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We deployed FTDv100 7.3.1.2 (Build 79) on VMWare ESXi 7.0, and we experience now the following problem:

- SUDDENLY inside and outside interface stop passing ANY traffic, including ARP!!! Meanwhile management interface is working! Debug is absolutely clean at that moment!!! CPU, memory, disk space and bandwidth are sufficient aswell!!!

Reboot is the only solution that helps!!! We completely followed the Cisco Official Guide on deployment of our virtual machine!

Please any help about this issue! We are already about to throw this buggy soft out of our production! Updates never help!
Started with version 7.3.0. ending now with newest 7.3.1.2 (Build 79)!

Any suggestions to call TAC or any will be denied. We don't want to pay yearly for nothing, for the support of the product that is full of bugs and so annoying!

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Configure a syslog server/(service) on the  FTDv100 ; the idea is to collect logging from the device
         during normal operations
        and then have the ability to review final logs just before this issue occurs or occurred (afterwards). This may
        give insights (not guaranteed)

+ Another idea is to configure a new VM/FTDV100 with the same purpose or a restored configuration ; this to
         consider if the problem would be related to some corruption in the related  (current) VM<->ESXi context

>....Any suggestions to call TAC or any will be denied. We don't want to pay yearly for nothing....
                        You are so right I am much better , check my signature (LOL!)

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

We have configured Syslog before, but all we can see there (even after rising severity level to informational), is the normal operation. Then both inside and outside interfaces suddenly just halt for any traffic, including the FTD's ARP. Meanwhile management still works fine.

About VMware - we followed all the instructions from Cisco and even given the dedicated host for FTDv. Nothing helps

Both versions that you mention are the worst in the whole 7.x range. In general, 7.3 should be avoided altogether. Yes, you can also deny this suggestion, but you should use either the latest 7.2 or the latest 7.4.

Thanks, looks like downgrading to 7.2 is the only solution for now, as 7.4 is reported with Hostscan issues, which are not going to be fixed by so called developers at all

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card