Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Further ASA REST API issues after upgrading

Hey all,

I've got a script that primarily works with network objects and groups. It's main function being adding, updating and deleting network objects and groups. On anything equal to or less than ASA code base 9.12.4 it works great. Anything higher and I get strange behavior. The latest being HTTP 500 errors. It's like the server is falling over.

TAC aren't really helpful as I guess not many people are using the REST API? With this being the case I'm wondering if I'm just wasting my time in pursuing this? I don't want to be troubleshooting issues with every upgrade. Unfortunately we have to do the upgrades for security compliance.

It looks like the REST API isn't tested properly, with the most recent issue being authentication bug which should have come up in basic tests.

It sucks to have to abandon a project that's been working well for over a year now because the implementation is done poorly.

Are there any other alternative solutions out there than working with the REST API of ASA?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@00unjx1n1BGc107tR5d6 this needs to go back to TAC and for them (TAC) to escalate this to the ASA engineering team. If the ASA API has changed and your pipeline/code required to be adjusted based on the new API or this needs to raise as a bug(s) into Cisco Defect and Enhancement Tracking System (CDETS).

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@00unjx1n1BGc107tR5d6 this needs to go back to TAC and for them (TAC) to escalate this to the ASA engineering team. If the ASA API has changed and your pipeline/code required to be adjusted based on the new API or this needs to raise as a bug(s) into Cisco Defect and Enhancement Tracking System (CDETS).

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Thank you, I'll try what you've suggested and see how I get on.