Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting My DeviceClients Status from API

achin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

as a starter, I'll precise that I'm not a SysAdmin/Network developer and it's not pretty usual for me to use a tool like this so forgive me if my question may seem incredibly ignorant.

I've been tasked to create a dashboard to analyze on a daily basis the usage and up/down time of all the machines of the company I work for. They're connected through a vast network of shops/locations all connected with Cisco Meraki, some through the "network" and others through the "device".

I'm using the Meraki Python API to develop the tool. Using "dashboard.networks.getNetworkClients, I can get some status in the response of the "clients" in regards to those machines; it allows me to know if they are online or not as well as many other interesting informations regarding the machines connected through the "network". Strangely (or maybe it is intended), I cannot get that same status info when I use "dashboard.devices.getDeviceClients" for the machine going through the physical firewall.

I've read the documentation but it's not really clear as to where/how I can get those status. I thought of using the "getDeviceLiveToolsPingDevice" method but it always seems to return an Error 500.

I'm a bit at a loss, I'm pretty sure it's not a complicated piece of info to get but I can't find my way to it it seems.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card