Views
Helpful
Replies

HA Configuration on Cisco FTD 2110 using Ether Channel

Kashan shahbaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for assistance to configure my pair of FTDs devices ( 2100 ) in HA using Ether Channel.

I have already added my both FTDs in FMC, I have configured Ether Channels on both FTDs via Device Managament but when i try to add/configure HA for both FTDs then i am unable to see/select Etherchannel from the interface option.

attached are images for the same. 

7 Replies 7

nimalrajphilips
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am experiencing this problem too. In addition, I am getting an alert message saying "Interface Portchannel is not receiving any packets". Did you find the solution?

Thanks

Nim

Yes.

Please create the port-channel without any logical name or zone, add the physical interfaces that you want to bundle in it and after that you would be able to use port-channel in the HA.

Thank you. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you created your Etherchannel did you assign physical interfaces to it?

I was trying this in my lab yesterday and I had some problems too.
Not sure, but looks like I had to use "channel-group 1 mode active" on the catalyst switch, couldn't get it to work with "auto".
And in this document it states all options except "auto".
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v601/fpmc-config-guide-v601_chapter_01101011.pdf

br, Micke

Yes.

Yes. You need to assign the IP for your port-channel. You need to provide the primary device IP as well as the secondary device IP during the configuration.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card