cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can ASDM to use usernames in active directory in Windows server

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi As we know, Cisco firewall ASA needs to contact a lot username in database constantly. and the ASA can not hold all of the username. I wonder how ASA associate these usernames in Windows server through ASDM (I do not mean aaa server)? I am managing Anyconnect VPN. So, there are a lot user that need to be managed in ASA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA validates the username at logon time via the authentication (aaa process). As long as the session is active, it keeps a record of what user is assigned what IP address.

If you are using the identity firewall features (i.e. usernames in access-list entries), the ASA is additionally communicating with AD for that, potentially via AD Agent (deprecated) or CDA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA validates the username at logon time via the authentication (aaa process). As long as the session is active, it keeps a record of what user is assigned what IP address.

If you are using the identity firewall features (i.e. usernames in access-list entries), the ASA is additionally communicating with AD for that, potentially via AD Agent (deprecated) or CDA.

Good answer! Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card