cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i limit bandwidth consumption on ASA 5515 or distribute on LAN clients internet bandwith?.

mclavijo1108
Level 1
Level 1

Short story is... we have an ASA 5515X firewall, 3 Mbps (fiber symetric) internet bandwidth, 30 clients, but when someone download something big, the rest of the clients lost internet access. How can i resolve this. Any example or guide will be highly appreciatted. regards

5 Replies 5

Ahmad-Maan
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA 5515X firewall, 8 Mbps dadicated internet bandwidth, 100 clients, but when someone download something big, the rest of the clients lost internet access. How can i resolve this. Any example or guide will be highly appreciatted. regards

Hi All,

You could go for Policing (QoS) on cisco ASA. Please use the link below for configuration example :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/82310-qos-voip-vpn.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

We have an ASA 5515X firewall, 8 Mbps dadicated internet bandwidth, 100 clients on LAN and WLAN, WLAN is open for any one but when someone download something big, the rest of the clients lost internet access. How can i distrubute 8 Mbps between LAN & WLAN. Any example or guide will be highly appreciatted. regards

Hi Ahmad,

the link mentioned explains the way you could classify your LAN and WAN traffic and perform policing on it. the above mentioned document have configuration example as well.

You could kind of create one class-map for LAN traffic and asssigned the required bandwidth to that class. Rest of the traffic would utilize the remainig bandwidth.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

Thanks Mr, Rastogi i will share the status after implimentation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card