cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many "outside" interfaces are allowed on ASA 5550?

BEHowardGRDA
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an ASA5550 for a complex secure network that has at least six "outside" networks.  Each "outside" network is assigned to a specific port each set at level "0".  I also have a DMZ, set to level "50".  I am having difficulty with passing traffic from a host in the DMZ to all but one of the "outside" networks.  Is there a limit to the number of "outside" interfaces?  I will provide a redacted config file as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Well no, you can have as many interfaces with a security level of 0 as the ASA can support, maybe doing a packet tracer will give you the answer as of why the Packet is being dropped:

packet-tracer input dmz tcp 1025 3389 

That would simulate a packet going from the DMZ to the outside doing an RDP session, if it is being dropped by the firewall it will tell where and why.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

First, thank you for the reply.

That's the odd thing, the packets appear to pass just fine.  I can see the connection established and torn down by the ASA, but the actual link between the hosts is never really up.  The actual port being used is TCP/8088, but I've set the rule(s) to allow ip and still get the same results.

Hi,

Nice, what is the reason for the teardown? Would you please take a packet capture on the ASA?

access-list capture permit tcp any any eq 8088

access-list capture permit tcp any eq 8088 any

capture capin access-list capture interface dmz

capture capout access-list capture interface outside

Try the connection and then do a show cap capin and show cap capout and we will take it from there.

Cheers

Mike

Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card