cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block all bypasses application. ( Is it possible with Cisco)

Imran Irshad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

How can I block Ultrasurf Application?

I have configured Cisco ASA 5520 with Cisco CSC-SSM module.

I have blocked everything Except Business and banking activities.

But user can access A 2 Z traffic  through Ultrasurf.exe application. which bypasses all possible firewalls.

How can I blocked this application?

Any solution??????????????

Thanks

I.A

4 Replies 4

brquinn
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not familiar with ultrasurf, but it appears to just be a proxy addon for your browser. Here are some ideas...

1) Remove admin access on the PCs so that executables cannot be run.

2) Sniff the ultrasurf traffic and block outbound traffic destined to their proxy-server IP addresses

3) Sniff the ultrasurf DNS traffic to determine the proxy DNS names. Then poison the responses on your DNS server. You will also need to block all DNS traffic except that which is destined to your server as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brendan

Magnus Mortensen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Imran,      From what I've seen, ultrasurf connects to the remote proxies over an SSL secured connection on tcp/443. If you manually block all connections outbound on TCP/443 it may block the application but at the expense of legit HTTPS sites. You could then manually configured your ACL to allow connection to only some specific HTTPs and deny all others, but that would be a headache to administer.  Let me what else we could do...

Posted from my mobile device.

Dear all,

I have applied all these things but still that is working and bypass to firewall.

I.A

How exactly is it bypassing the firewall? Can you provide logs or packet captures showing what traffic is being sent and what rules you have in place that should be denying the traffic?

Thanks,

Brendan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card