cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to recovery Anomaly Detector Module's admin password?

sun816
Level 1
Level 1

the ADM is added on the 6509 but forget the password of admin.

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

To recover the password follow these steps.

Attach a keyboard and a monitor to the Cisco Guard or Cisco Traffic Anomaly Detector (this procedure cannot be performed through a serial or a network connection.)

Login and type reboot.

While the box is powering up, keep the shift key pressed. This will get you a "Lilo boot:" prompt.

Press TAB to see available images.

Note: 3.0.8 has a 'Cisco' image, while older images have 'Riverhead'.

Type Cisco 1 to get a single user image loaded (or Riverhead 1 in older systems). This will boot the system in single user mode.

During the boot process you will be asked for a password. Enter the fixed password dud&ndud. This will give you a root shell.

Now you can run the passwd command to change root's password. You will be asked to confirm the password you have chosen, for example:

[root@DETECTOR root]# passwd

Changing password for user root.

New password:

Retype new password:

passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.

After you have changed the password, execute the reboot command to restart the system. Do not interrupt the boot process so that the system enters its normal operation mode.

Hi,

I got the same problem, I don't understand that how to attach a keybroad and monitor to the module, I can see a RJ-45 jack on the broad but I will not able to connect it while it is inserted to the 6509.

Great~ Thanks a lot, that's what I looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card