cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i can not make ping form between port in ASA 5506-X with FirePOWER

ahmed.youssef
Level 1
Level 1

i can not make ping form between port in ASA 5506-X with FirePOWER  but the browsing in good and  i have anther problem form download in slow can i make open any protocol for the FirePOWER  ASA 5506-X 

Thanks

Ahmed Youssef

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default the ASA configuration does not inspect icmp. If you add the inspection, ping should work between inside hosts and outside locations.

policy-map global_policy
  class inspection_default
    inspect icmp

Regarding your downloads, how much throughput are you trying to push through the ASA?

Thanks very much mr.Marvin Rhoads

Yes I can make ping between inside hosts and outside locations but i cannot make ping between the ports in internal network form port 2 to port 3 in  FirePOWER because i get any port ring IP different

Regarding my downloads my speed 50mb but when i make download any file from internet i found my download speed 30kb and i make speed test and found my download speed 50 mb and upload speed 12 mb 

Thanks

Can you share the configuration of your ASA?

There could be many things that would cause ping not to work between hosts connected to two different interfaces.

I am not understanding the explanation of 30 Kbps vs. 50 MBps. Do you mean you see 50 Mbps when doing speedtest from outside the firewwall but only 30 Kbps from a host inside it?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card