cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM Password Recovery

emily
Level 1
Level 1

I have just receive new order IDSM ,I got failure when i using cisco/cisco to logon , I have reference URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2113/products_password_recovery09186a0080094e83.shtml#p11The document tell me require to know administrator account name , but i don't know any infomation , how can i do ?

3 Replies 3

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

some idsm were shipped with no default login. you have to go through re-imaging the idsm. otherwise RMA it and get another one.

here is the procedure for reimaging

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids10/hwguide/hwclipr.htm#wp90942

thanks

Nadeem

Thanks for your reponse

I according to you URL , I met some error

guest@localhost.localdomain#upgrade ftp://anonymous@10.68.40.102/WS-SVC-IDSM2-K9-a-4.1-4-S91a.bin.gz [########################] 65055K | 2449.62K/s

/tmp/upgrade.gz [########################] 65055K | 2449.62K/s

66616976 bytes transferred in 26.56 sec (2449.61k/sec)

ERROR: /tmp/upgrade.gz: not in gzip format

Could you tell me what's wrong with me?

Most likely you downloaded the file from CCO using Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately Internet Explorer is seeing the .gz extension on the file and is automatically decompressing the file for you.

When you later try to upgrade the IDSM-2, it to will try to decompress the file. But since the file is already decrompressed the upgrade command gets confused and generates the error you are seeing.

The workaround is to use Netscape or another web browser to download the file from CCO.

Once you have downloaded the file you will also wnat to verify that the filesize of your downloaded file exactly matches the filesize listed on the CCO page where you downloaded the file from in order to ensure that your web browser has not modified the file.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card