Views
Helpful
Replies

IME IOEXception - Authentication failure

ugabichipaopao
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I installed Cisco IME 7.0.3 on 2 computer with 3G of memory.

I have a next error message:

Could not verify config username/password [IOEXception - Aythentication failure]

when connecting to  my devices only from one of this PC I have this erro. From the second PC I have no any problem whith connection/autentication.

I am sure that my credentials are correct. Allowed host also added correctly.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you!

2 file attached

2 Replies 2

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i cannot give you a 100% answer for this one but thought i will give you some pointers

• the very fact that it works on 1 PC and does not work on the other suggests me that the issue is with that PC
  • going forward in that direction, there is something different on that PC from the one on which it work, see if there is any firewall antivirus or any such program installed on the PC (including windows), if so please turn it off and disable it, if possible close the application itself and try installing it
  • see what is different on this PC when comapared to the one which is working fine, there should be something which is not letting you install the IME
  • how are these 2 PC's diff (diff location, diff office etc)

Lastly, verify every aspect, ip address (make sure there is no conflicting ip address), username password etc

Also try this - check the box which says use the same account for configuration and event subsription (no logic behind this )

Aastha Chaudhary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is IME on the non-working PC going through a proxy where it could be blocked by a content filter?
Also are you able to ping the IPS management IP address from the non-working PC?(to make sure there are no connectivity issues)

Thanks,

Aastha

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card