cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing IPM version 2.4

miwitte
Level 4
Level 4

We currently have a Installation of Ciscoworks Lan that was upgraded to all of the latestest versions(RME 3.5, Common Services SP2, DFM 1.2, CM 3.3) as well as windows 2000 SP4 and all current windows updates. Also all of the Apache and SSL updates were done. We also have the WAN management package and want to use the IMP package to be able to monitor a new VOIP deployment that will be going live in the upcoming weeks. I have some questions on the installation

1) It appears that the LAN and WAN solutions share the same common parts(RME, Common Services and CiscoView). Can I just install the IPM product using what is currently installed or do I need components from the WAN package as a prerequeset?

2) If I can install, can I use the media I have for 2.4 and upgrade to 2.5 or is it better to just download and install 2.5?

3) Are these versions of IPM compatible with win2k SP4?

4) I saw a caveat about not being able to use the SSL with 2.4 but it appears to be ok with 2.5. I need clarification on that.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

IPM 2.4 cannot be installed with the new Common Services 2.2 bundle. Cannot mix n match old versions with new ones. IPM do also do not require any other application like RME, Campus etc for installation either. Going with IPM 2.5 is a better option. For that, you just need to first install Common Services 2.2 and then IPM 2.5. Though you can still install IPM 2.5 on the same server which have RME 3.5, Campus 3.3 etc. But you can also install IPM 2.5 on a standalone server with Common Services 2.2 installed first. See Software Requirements: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/ipmcw2k/cipm25/ig/winnt.htm for details.

Where can I download that version? All I see is the patch to upgrade from 2.4. Also will there be any issues with win2k sp4? Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card