Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOC_STATE_RECORD

Hi All,

I have observed a internal to internal machine traffic and observed the event IOC_STATE_RECORD on my SIEM console.

This event flagged by the cisco firepower center (FMC), checked the traffic logs between the these two internal machines. Observed only IOC_STATE_RECORD related events and no firewall logs were found. Please let me know what is IOC_STATE_RECORD ? Is it something, do I need to pay attention for these kind of events. ? 

4 Replies 4

luizsil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

IOC States for Indication of Compromise.

Here is the Event Information:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/api/eStreamer/EventStreamerIntegrationGuide/RNA-Records.html?bookSearch=true#pgfId-6177494

To better have a translation of what an IOC_ID stands for you can grab them all at:

Go to FMC CLI and in expert mode raise your self to root and type the following command:

OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select ioc_id,category,event_type,description from ioc\G;"

So you need to have the IOC_ID and find out what Compromise that is being detected, and if it is a false positive or not.

You can definitely after this program your SIEM to translate these events from IOC_ID to an actual text.

In some SIEMs the IOC_ID may be called another property of the event. example: iocState.value=11

Best Regards,

Luiz Silva

Best Regards,

Luiz

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have found iocState.value=11 on my payload. I have searched the value
of 11 from the link which you have provided.

its says New TCP Server for the value 11.

Please correct me am I referring to the correct content.

From the Table I extracted on FMC, ioc_id 11 =

• Impact 2 Attack — Impact 2 Intrusion Event - attempted-user

For more details on the event, you can search for Intrusion Events on your FMC and search for the time frame indicated.

Best Regards,

Luiz Silva

Can you provide us with official documentation for this issue?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card